Some intriguing new features for Apple’s mobile operating system, iOS 15.4, have been released, including the option to utilize Face ID with masks and some more appealing new emojis. You may test them out on the first public beta if you can’t wait (with some risk of bugs, of course).
And here’s how to get the public beta of iOS 15.4:
Before we get started, it’s worth noting that various betas give different experiences for different users, depending on the app. Finally, if you decide to install, we suggest backing up your device data in case something goes wrong (errors arise).
Additionally, depending on the sort of phone you have, certain new functions may not be available. For example, unless you have an iPhone 12 or later, you won’t be able to utilize the “Use Face ID with a mask” function.
Finally, if you don’t have iOS 15, bear in mind that the following devices are supported by the operating system:
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max
- iPhone X, iPhone XR
- iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone SE (first and second generation)
- iPod Touch (seventh generation)
How to install the public beta of iOS 15.4
- From your phone’s Safari browser, go to Apple’s beta software portal and accept to sign in with your Apple ID.
- If you haven’t already, pick “Register your iOS device” under the “Getting Started” subhead.
- After you’ve signed up, scroll down to the instructions to make sure you’ve saved a backup of your phone’s content in case you need to go back in time.
- Continue scrolling down until you find a “Download Profile” button, then press it. A notice will appear, stating that the site is attempting to download the settings. Choose “Allow.” A pop-up will appear, stating that you may create a new profile from the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app on your phone. Near the top, a new area named “Downloaded Profiles” will be added. If you choose it, you will have access to the iOS beta.
- In the upper right corner, click “Settings.” You’ll have to re-enter your password and agree to read and agree to extremely long paragraphs. Then hit “Install” one again.
- To activate the profile, you may need to restart your phone.
- Congratulations, you’ve made it this far. (And I hope you don’t run into any problems when using it.)