Cook has previously attended an awards event, having attended the Golden Globes in 2020. Cook will attend the Oscars “two and a half years later,” according to Belloni, after Apple’s entry into the film and television industries:
“Apple C.E.O. Tim Cook will attend the show on Sunday, I’m told, and if he walks out of the Dolby Theater with the top prize, he will have triumphed just two and a half years after formally entering the film and TV business.”
CEO Tim Cook’s presence is due to the fact that Apple TV+ has received six
- Best Actor for Denzel Washington: “The Tragedy of Macbeth”
- Best Supporting Actor for Troy Kotsur: “CODA”
- Best Picture for “CODA”
- Best Cinematography for “The Tragedy of Macbeth”
- Best Production Design for “The Tragedy of Macbeth”
- Best Adapted Screenplay for Sian Heder for “CODA”
The 94th Academy Awards will take place in the Dolby Theater in Hollywood and will cover the best films that debuted between March 1st and December 31st, 2021. Apple TV+ has been quickly expanding since its debut back in 2020.
Apple unveiled “Friday Night Baseball” during its Peek Performance Event on March 8th, a new way for consumers to view MLB games, bolstering its sports and general television area.